- L. J. Kirschman, L. Dewey, and A. Gregory (2021). Immune function does not trade off with reproductive effort in a semelparous wolf spider with parental care. Physiological Entomology
- L. J. Kirschman, A. Khadjinova, K. Ireland, and K. C. Milligan Myhre (2020). Early life disruption of the microbiota affects organ development and cytokine gene expression in threespine stickleback. Integrative and Comparative Biology
- L. J. Kirschman, D. Morales, E. Crawford, A. Zera, and R. W. Warne (2019). Sex and life history shape the strength of cellular and humoral immune responses in a wing dimorphic cricket. Journal of Insect Physiology
- R. W. Warne, L. J. Kirschman, and L. Zeglin (2019). Manipulated gut microbiomes during critical windows affect host development, physiology, and disease susceptibility in amphibians. Journal of Animal Ecology
- L. J. Kirschman and K. C. Milligan-Mhyhre (2019). The costs of living together: Immune responses to the microbiota and chronic gut inflammation. Applied and Environmental Microbiology. 85(10)
- L. J. Kirschman, E. J. Crespi, and R. W. Warne (2018). Critical disease windows shaped by stress exposure alter allocation trade-offs between development and immunity. Journal of Animal Ecology. 87(1)
- L. J. Kirschman, J. G. Palis, K. A. Fritz, K. Althoff, and R. W. Warne (2017). Two ranavirus-associated mass-mortality events among larval amphibians in Illinois, USA. Herpetological Review. 48(4).
- K. A. Fritz, L. J. Kirschman, S. D. McCay, J. T. Trushenski, R. W. Warne, and M. R. Whiles (2017). Subsidies of Essential Nutrients from Aquatic Environments Increase Immune Function in Terrestrial Consumers. Freshwater Science. 36(4).
- L. J. Kirschman, M. D. McCue, J. G. Boyles, and R. W. Warne (2017). Exogenous stress hormones alter energetic and nutrient costs of development and metamorphosis Journal of Experimental Biology. 220(18),
- R. W. Warne, L. J. Kirschman and L. Zeglin (2017) Manipulating gut microbiota in amphibian larvae as an approach to explore host-symbiont interactions and influence disease dynamics. Integrative and Comparative Biology. icx100
- L. J. Kirschman, A. Quade, A. J. Zera, and R. W. Warne. (2017). Immune function trade-offs in response to parasite threats. Journal of Insect Physiology, 98.
- A. Araujo, L. J. Kirschman, and R. W. Warne. (2016). Behavioral phenotypes predict disease susceptibility and infectiousness. Biology Letters, 12(8).
- L. J. Kirschman, S. Haslett, K. A. Fritz, M. R. Whiles, and R. W. Warne. (2016). Influence of physiological stress on nutrient stoichiometry in larval amphibians. Physiological and Biochemical Zoology, 89(4).
- B. Neils, C.S. Carey, A. Araujo, D. Burkhart, L. J. Kirschman, B. LaBumbard, S. LaGrange, J. J. Maine, A. M. Rombense, M. N. Wood, and J. G. Boyles. (2015). Writing your way into high impact factor journals. Bulletin of the Ecological Society of America, 96(2).
- M. L. McDonald, L. J. Kirschman, and K. J. Regester. (2011). Plethodon cinereus: erythristic morph. Herpetological Review, 42(3).